Wednesday, October 25, 2017

checking things off my 30 before 30 list

I have to say, I am really proud of myself.

I have already taken care of FOUR of my goals on my 30 before 30 list! And here I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to get everything done and I've already checked off some. Look. At. That.

1. get another tattoo

Well, that didn't take long! After almost 7 years since my last tattoo (yes it's been THAT long), I finally got another one!

(Parks and Rec forever)


We say this to each other practically all the time, and it'll probably (definitely) show up in our vows in a few weeks. Took maybe 15 minutes and was pretty painless too, but I definitely have the bug and want some more very soon if possible.

Shout out to Greg at Oak City Tattoo in Raleigh for working with us!


2. be a published author

YOU GUYS. IT FINALLY HAPPENED.

In Holl & Lane magazine, for their 14th issue appropriately entitled 'The Heart', I have a published piece! 

The little girl inside of me that made books for fun in my free time and wrote any chance I got in every journal I've ever owned is doing the biggest happy dance at seeing my name in print.

Holl & Lane is a rare publication where women can share their honest stories without judgement, and I am so incredibly proud to be part of this amazing community of female contributors. This magazine is content created by women about women, and is one of the most refreshing representations of women in the media I've seen in a long time. Here you won't find tips on loosing weight so you can look better naked or lists of ways to improve yourself just to be loved by your partner; instead, Sarah and her team of creatives welcome you as you are, exactly as you are, in whatever season of life you're living in. Each issue focuses on another theme that affects women, be it mental health, matters of the heart, or the physical and metaphorical body. Within its' pages instead, you'll find stories about miscarriages and loss, abuse and recovery, love and light, the human condition and the female experience, and more. 

Holl & Lane has limited quantities of print issues, so PLEASE head over to the link above and snag yourself a copy of this fantastic publication, and read my piece featured within it, 'Unexpected Reassurance'.



3. do a 30 day challenge

For the month of August, I went 30 days without Red Bull AND beer.

As a former server and bartender, this was a little hard but mostly, I was perfectly fine. I'm used to grabbing caffeine on my way everywhere I go, and when coffee isn't nearby, I grab Red Bull like water. Since going without, I have been a lot less likely to grab it, but I still love it.

(first beer flight after 30 days)


And thanks to the 30 days without beer, I lost a few pounds and I was able to feel a bit better about myself. We of course had beer and wine at our wedding, but going without it for 30 days was a nice reset. I love trying new brews so I missed that, but honestly, I'm just not 21 anymore, so I was happy for the break.

Speaking of wedding...

4. get married to the love of my life

I can OFFICIALLY say that I am FINALLY a married lady.

I can not even describe how incredibly happy Sunday, October 22nd was for both Ashley and I. We were surrounded by our community of family and friends that are our chosen family, crying through the ceremony and laughing and dancing our asses off through the reception. From the fantastic vows to the sentimental and heartfelt speeches to my new wife's killer dance moves, Sunday was the best day ever, capping off such a phenomenal weekend. We cannot thank everyone enough for that day.

More to come later on wedding day, but for now, here's a shot from my best friend Rebekah's boyfriend Devon that he got that is my new favorite until we get our photos from Kat back...




More to come soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Hello Manhattan