Monday, November 21, 2016

the big news...

So after months and months of not really telling a soul on social media what my plans are for the upcoming year, it's finally time. A lot of thought has gone into this, and this is going to be a really great thing for both Ashley and I. The big news is....

We are moving to North Carolina!

Ashley has been accepted into the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program at Campbell University! After working incredibly hard over the last 6 years to apply, she has finally been granted the opportunity she deserves. I cannot tell you how excited I am for her to embark on this. If ever my amazing partner had a passion, working in the physical therapy field would be it. She is perfectly suited for the job; she loves working with people, helping people, and she definitely finds purpose in the career. I am so proud of how hard she has worked to get to this point in her life, and I cannot wait to support her as she goes through this journey.

With her acceptance into Campbell, we are officially moving to the Raleigh area mid December, and then coming back down to Georgia to enjoy the holidays and finish out work before returning to North Carolina for the new year. We already have our apartment signed off on and ready to go, and now comes the difficult part.

I currently am trying to find a new position in NC, since my position in Atlanta stays at the corporate office only here. I am looking at this at the new opportunity for us both to start anew and on a fresh blank page, so I am solely looking into my field of publishing, editing, and writing for a new career move. I have a couple of leads towards some great things, just hoping for one big opportunity to pan out for me, so stay tuned for that. I'm hopeful and optimistic, even if secretly I'm scared shitless at the idea of not quite having the job I desire when we move. Having any job would make me feel much more comfortable, but being offered a position with a company that fuels my creative desires and plays on my passions for publishing? That's the dream.

Ever since I was a little girl, the publishing process has fascinated me. I was the kid reading more books than I required to in school, absorbing them the way a starved individual does with seeing food for the first time. In high school, I worked on the staff for our literary magazine as a senior editor, putting together layouts, designing documents, and editing our manuscript. I always told myself if I could find a job that let me do that, I would be happy for the rest of my days. It's that kind of career I so desperately am searching for. Not only would something like that make me feel like I am valued and I have a purpose, but I get to be creative and actually utilize the degree I spent so long obtaining and working towards. It would validate every section of my heart that all of that hard work was not in vain, and that in fact, I could really have a career that makes getting up for work everyday a pleasure and a joy. I want that for myself, for my family, and for my future. I don't want to settle for anything less than, but it's hard.

Thankfully, I have some solid contacts with a few places in the area that I am maintaining communication with in hopes I can reach my goal. It's not without it's frustrations, of course. I think the hardest part of job searching is the feeling that me on paper does not accurately reflect me in person and I hate feeling judged before I get a chance or opportunity to show who I really am to someone. Sometimes I just want to scream, "I can do anything if you just give me the chance!" I'm hoping soon I will have some good news in that area.

Otherwise, we are pressing forward the best way we can. I am continuing my search in hopes of that magical someone to take a chance and give me the opportunity I deserve, and we are looking into furnishing an apartment all over again. There is still lots to come, and lots to decide, but hopefully, things will settle down into something wonderful before too long. This move does not come without its' challenges for sure, but I am positive we will weather whatever storm comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Hello Manhattan