Wednesday, November 30, 2016

grateful


( chalkboard print from garvinandco)

You know, this year, I won't lie, has been a really awful, terrible, no good, very bad kind of year. We lost Prince, Leonard Cohen, Professor Snape himself, and David Bowie. We've had terrorism strike Aleppo and Syria, Hillary Clinton's heartbreaking election results, and the resurgence of hate groups in America that have long since been silent suddenly rearing their ugly heads. 2016 can go down as one of the worst years we as a world have ever experienced. I don't think anyone would fight me there on that.

As the holiday season slowly begins to creep in the backyard and faintly knock on the door, I will admit it's been hard to find the silver lining out of this shit year. It's been hard to get excited. I know for myself, there's lots up in the air that is making it hard to get onboard with everything. I've been stressed out about our move, finding a position, money... being an adult has its' advantages and disadvantages sometimes.

Nevertheless, I strive to be an optimist, and I know there are many personal and wonderful things to be grateful for this year.

My sister. You guys, Sarah has had such an amazing year and I am so incredibly happy for her. Not only did she get married this March to the best guy around, Justin, but she surprised everyone at Thanksgiving with the news that she is expecting a little boy come May! My sister is such a strong and encouraging lady. She's been blessed with such joy this year in ways I have always hoped as her sister she would receive, and I cannot wait to see what 2017 brings. I know I personally cannot wait to have a baby nephew to hold and spoil!

Ashley. It would go without saying that of course I'm thankful and grateful for my fiancee and partner, but this year especially takes a special spot. Ashley has been my rock and my support while I finished school, and in return, she has finally been granted some well-earned congratulations for getting into grad school for PT. She has worked diligently to get accepted into the program and I cannot wait to be there for her the way she was for me this year in so many ways. We officially reached not only our two year anniversary this year, but also started the countdown to our wedding, as it now less than a year away! October 22, 2017 will be here before we know it.

Family. I really did luck out sometimes when I think about the support system I have, not only with the family I was born into but the family I choose as well. The people who I am so lucky enough to have surround me, that's who really are the greatest. My mom, Ashley's mom, Caitlin, Jessi, Megan (MJ!)... So many wonderful people, and seriously you all are the real MVP. Thank you for caring, for appreciating, for supporting. I'd be lost without you all.

I think this about sums up my thankful thoughts for this year. I know 2016 has been pretty rough, but I'm so excited to see what's next. 2017 has some pretty amazing and wonderful events to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Hello Manhattan